Clearing error messages?

Topics: Administration
Aug 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM
After getting Orchard up and running using the 1.7 zip file and enabling Shape Tracing from the modules menu, I'm getting the error:

The assembly reference 'ClaySharp' could not be loaded for module 'Orchard.DesignerTools'.

There are generally a few ways to solve this issue:
Install any dependent module.
Remove the assembly reference from the project file if it's not needed.
Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the module.
Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the application.
Specify the strong name of the assembly (name, version, culture, publickey) if the assembly is present in the GAC.

The error message is staying on every page with no way to clear it, but the designer tools are working as intended.

How do I clear the gigantic red errror message?
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM
You are using an old version of shape tracing. Take the one that is in the source code release. That one is up to date.
Aug 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I'm using what was included in the 1.7 zip file - after uploading the contents to the server, installing, and going to the Modules page I clicked on "Enable" and the message came up right after. Everything is working as it should, but I'm getting the big error on every page of the admin with no way to clear it. Logs are filling with the following over and over:

2013-08-09 10:31:24,970 [6] Orchard.Environment.Extensions.Compilers.DefaultExtensionCompiler - Assembly reference 'ClaySharp' for project '/Modules/Orchard.DesignerTools/Orchard.DesignerTools.csproj' cannot be loaded
2013-08-09 10:31:25,001 [6] Orchard.Environment.DefaultAssemblyLoader - Error loading assembly 'ClaySharp'
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ClaySharp' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'ClaySharp'
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
at Orchard.Environment.DefaultAssemblyLoader.LoadWorker(String shortName, String fullName) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\IAssemblyLoader.cs:line 56
at Orchard.Environment.DefaultAssemblyLoader.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Load>b__2(String shortName) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\IAssemblyLoader.cs:line 26
at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func2 valueFactory)
at Orchard.Environment.DefaultAssemblyLoader.Load(String assemblyName) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\IAssemblyLoader.cs:line 26

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Please try the one in the source release.
Aug 17, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I'm getting the same error for Orchard.Rules module.
Aug 17, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Sandee, in the end I disabled and manually had to remove the plugin, install the one from the source file, and change the version of jQuery. All is working great now!
Aug 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Edited Aug 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM
@cbaz
I have the same issue for Orchard.DesignerTools but I miss the "install the one from the source file" step, can you tell me more?

UPDATE:
I deleted the folder Modules\Orchard.DesignerTools and pasted the Orchard.Web.1.7.zip\Orchard\Modules\Orchard.DesignerTools.

My fault that I installed the 1.6 version from the gallery.