Unable to access Media Library

Topics: Administration, Core
Aug 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Hello,

I'm extremely new to working with Orchard and have been getting a 404 error when trying to click the Media item in the admin sidebar. It attempts to load the URL "/Admin/Orchard.MediaLibary" before getting the 404.

Looking through modules it shows that the Media Libary is installed, and I can see Orchard.MediaLibrary in my modules folder in wwwroot. I've been searching for answers and trying different permissions for the past two days with no success - does anyone have any ideas or pointers on this?

Thank you!
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Anything in app_data\logs?
Aug 7, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Hi Bertrand,

Nothing is showing up in the logs related to this. A couple entries happened last week when I was working on other pieces, but nothing since Monday when I first tried to access media. Hovering over the links in the sidebar it looks like each link uses the format "/Admin/Widget" except for menu, which tries to do "/Admin/Orchard.MediaLibary." On my localhost version the media directory works correctly, but not in the actual version uploaded to the server that was from the source code download.
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Then I don't know. I've never seen it behave like this. Are you sure you are running 1.7? (the URL is fine by the way)
Aug 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Hmm, it doesn't look like anyone else has run in to this either from searching the web! It is version 1.7 that we downloaded from https://orchard.codeplex.com/downloads/get/705174 and set up on our development server. For the initial local testing I used the Web Platform Installer, which unfortunately isn't an option on the server which is IIS 6 (Windows Server 2003).
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Full trust, integrated pipeline, .NET 4.0 or 4.5?
Aug 8, 2013 at 7:32 PM
We did a clean install this morning with full trust on App_Data, bin, Modules, and Themes, verifying that it was set up with .NET 4.0. We're still unable to access the Media library, and we're getting the following error from Visual Studio:

Error 2 Assembly 'Orchard.Web, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

Thank you for your help!
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM
You get that error when you do what?
Aug 8, 2013 at 7:45 PM
We created an empty NET solution and added the existing Orchard Site to the solution file. When building the solution we get an error
Error 2 Assembly 'Orchard.Web, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e.

here is the log

2013-08-08 11:23:41,363 [10] NHibernate.AdoNet.AbstractBatcher - Could not execute command: SELECT * FROM Settings_ShellDescriptorRecord
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'Settings_ShellDescriptorRecord'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at NHibernate.AdoNet.AbstractBatcher.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand cmd)
2013-08-08 11:23:41,394 [10] NHibernate.Util.ADOExceptionReporter - Invalid object name 'Settings_ShellDescriptorRecord'.
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Well, that's the issue. Why did you do that instead of using the perfectly good solution file that comes with the Orchard source code? You are using the Orchard source code, right?
Aug 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM
we used Orchard.Web 1.7 zip and was able to configure the site. We got the Orchard.Media error after the site configuration changes. We only created a solution in attempt to find out the issued was.
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM
If you are going to use Visual Studio to build the site, you need to use the full source code. See http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Orchard-1-7-Release-Notes#Whatfiletodownload?
Aug 8, 2013 at 10:58 PM
issue resolved. we had to add ISAPI mapping for mvc to allow '.' transversal in the URL Path since we are using IIS 6. thx.