how to add logo and remove the footer content of the theme on orchard cms site?

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Aug 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM
i want to add a logo to my orchard cms site and also remove the footer content i.e 'Powered by Orchard © Contoso Company 2010.'...how to achieve this?
Aug 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Hi alwaysonline,

please refer to the Orchard docs for several tutorials concerning theming your Orchard site. Have a look at Customizing Themes -> Creating a Child Theme for a quick intro or check out a whole section of posts under Creating Themes.

Once you've set up your own theme or if you stay the with the default theme, the Layout.cshtml file will be your starting point and your site layout master file, if you will. Here you can e.g. add your own logo and the like. In the post Anatomy of a Theme you'll find a paragraph titled Shape Templates where you'll find a piece of code from the TheThemeMachine's Layout.cshtml file:
// Powered by Orchard
WorkContext.Layout.Footer.Add(New.BadgeOfHonor(), "5");
The BadgeOfHonor shape is the one you'll want to remove if you don't want to give credit to Orchard. You do that by simply removing that line of code.

--

2013/8/5 alwaysonline <[email removed]>

i want to add a logo to my orchard cms site and also remove the footer content i.e 'Powered by Orchard © Contoso Company 2010.'...how to achieve this?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com