Upgrade from 1.61 to 1.7 Loses Main Menu Items

Topics: Administration, Installing Orchard
Aug 2, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Edited Aug 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I followed the instructions for upgrading 1.61 to 1.7 in-place, since my site is not yet open to the public and it was easier. The upgrade was SUPER easy, but I did notice one problem after bringing the site up under 1.7. The menu items in my main menu were gone. Looking in the Administration pages I noticed that the menu items were no longer associated with a content item. It had lost the associations. My menu is simple, 4 items, so I just edited each menu item and selected the page to display for each. All is well, but I had not seen any other issues regarding the menu items disappearing following an upgrade. Thanks (Great Product!)
Aug 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Edited Aug 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM
There is a migration step for the menu items, the third tab in the Upgrade module. It's called Content Picker.
Apr 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Edited Apr 2, 2014 at 10:33 AM

having lots of problems trying to upgrade!
I tried yesterday from 1.6 to 1.8 and my whole Admin section was missing and there were errors.

I have since tried 1.6 to 1.7.3 but on closer look all my menu items were missing and some of the custom fields I had created for a content type were missing too.

Can anyone direct me to some good instructions please? Should I persevere trying with 1.8?
I have been reading some instructions on how to do this and it says to install the Upgrade Module - the only one I can find is called Upgrade16 is this the correct one?

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Do the upgrade step-by-step.
V1.7 -> V1.7.3 -> V1.8.0
And then enable the Upgrade Module.

Steps : http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Upgrading-a-site-to-a-new-version-of-Orchard