Workflow Questions

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard
Jul 29, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Edited Jul 30, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Hello everyone. I've had about a week to play around with the Workflow piece within Orchard and I must say I'm impressed. I'm currently designing an onboarding process for new employees for my company and I would like to use this module to do this.

Initiation Form (submitted by Recruiting)
  • Name
  • Start Date
  • Manager
  • Position Title
When submitted I would like to use workflow to have it create a new item (of a different content type) and carry the information over to this other item.

Action Form

These items should automatically be filled based on data retreived from the initiation form.
  • Name
  • Start Date
  • Manager
  • Position Title

• Computer Type
  • Computer Tag Number
  • Phone Number
  • Phone Model
I have done scripting in the past using VBscript, I just need someone to explain how to go about relaying this into Orchard workflow. Perhaps someone can give some explanation of how to effectively script within this module; I'm sure once more comes out about Workflow it will be easier to pick up and go, but I am really hoping to utilize this amazing feature as soon as possible. As always, thanks for your support and assistance.
Aug 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Tell me, when will be available background information on all the features of the module workflow?

Thank you
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM
When somebody writes it.
Aug 8, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Edited Aug 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Does anyone have any tips for getting started in Workflow? In some ways it seems very simple to use, in other ways it's much more difficult than the old Rules system, and there was a lot more information out there on it. I will try to edit here as I find information on this module. It should make it easier on anyone who decides to take on documenting Workflow, if you can provide any information feel free to link / add it here.

User Task Activity explanation: https://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/446121