Call the content without header,footer, left menu etc in admin section

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Writing modules
Jul 23, 2013 at 7:50 AM
In order to create a wizard form with dialog box in admin section, I want to create a dialog where there will be a form inside and everytime I click "next" in the wizard it will call controller from another module. so what I want to ask is for the first step is how to remove the header and footer inside the dialog box?I tried using partial view but it seems the Script.Require doesn't work with it. Thank you in advance
Developer
Jul 23, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Edited Jul 23, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Put [Themed(false)] attribute on your action or the whole controller. This way you'll disable theming and your shape will be rendered as-is, without any additional markup. I assume you're returning a ShapeResult from your action, right?
Jul 23, 2013 at 8:18 AM
So here is now my simple shape but in the view file, the Script.Require is also not working..the same problem I faced with partial view
 [Themed(false)]
        public ActionResult Index()
        {
            var viewModel = new IndexViewModel();
            var linkShape = _shapeFactory.Parts_Link(
             model: viewModel);
            return new ShapeResult(this, linkShape);
        }
Developer
Jul 23, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Edited Jul 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM
All scripts/stylesheets that you add using Script.Require and Style.Require are not rendered unless you explicitly say so by calling @Display.HeadScripts(), @Display.FootScripts() or @Display.StylesheetLinks() wherever you want those scripts to be rendered.

When you use theming, this is done implicitly by the Layout.cshtml and Document.cshtml shapes. When you opt out from theming, you need to handle it on your own.