Use Custom form with a content part to create an upload feature for front end user

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Troubleshooting
Jul 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Using Orchard CMS 1.6 I am trying to add a feature to my application that allows the customer (front end user only) to upload a document.

I tried: 1) Create a new content type 2) Add the Title, AutoRoute and Common part (common part will store the date the content item was created) 3) Add a field and select the Media Picker Field

The media picker allows the user to upload documents to the system. This all works fine. However this is from the back-end and as the customer will only have access to the front end i need to try and incorporate this to front end side. so...

To do this I have followed the example on http://devdirective.com/post/160/how-to-create-custom-forms-in-orchard-cms-with-email-and-recaptcha which creates a custom form, then adds a content type to that form (the content type being the upload one I have just creaated)

However when the user accesses this page the upload feature is disabled on screen. I have not set this anywhere to disabled so I dont know why this is so. Also 'Browse' & 'Clear' beside the upload box dont work.

Does anyone know why this is so, Also I would like to remove the permalink and owner tabs from screen, if possible. To leave 'title' and the 'upload' feature. as all that are displayed.
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Media picker field upload is restricted to the admin. You'll have to handle those uploads yourself.
Jul 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM
how so? please advise I dont know what to do.

I would like the customer to be able to upload a document
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Create your own part.