How could I to understand the module ,content,widget and part.

Topics: Administration, Core, General
Jul 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Today I study the orchard source found that have a lot of Notion。eg:module,content .....
but I don't understand that module what's that? is it a sharp or it can wrappered a sharp?
other: what's different in module,content,widget and part.I understand that is the content Greater than module ,the moudle greater then widget ,the widget Greater then part? Is right?
please help me! thank you!
Jul 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Jul 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Edited Jul 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Perhaps try studying the source code together with the documentation and the increasingly vast array of blog posts out there.
To summarize:
  • A Module is a C# class library with at least a module manifest (Module.txt). This class library contains code, views, and other assets such as images, styles and scripts.
  • Content is created by modules. Primarily by the Contents module you find in Orchard.Core, but your custom modules can use the content API just as easy.
  • Content is represented via the ContentItem class, which in turn has a reference to a ContentType (the schema/class/blueprint of the content if you will).
  • Widgets are content items. The difference between a widget and a content item is that in order for content to be a widget, its content type needs to have the WidgetPart attached and its Stereotype setting set to "Widget".
  • A content item is made up of content parts.
Question to you: what is a sharp?
Developer
Jul 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM