Display custom fields in Projection widget.

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Jul 19, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I'm currently running Orchard 1.7 RC.

I'm having trouble trying to display custom fields for content types in a projection widget with a Shape layout set. I've setup the layout as shown below:

I've tried various methods in trying to get the custom field value for display, but I can't find the value anywhere.

Here is my initial code for the Shape layout
@{   
    IEnumerable<object> featuredUsers = Model.ContentItems;    

for(int i = 0; i<featuredUsers.Count(); i++)
    {    
        dynamic featuredUser = featuredUsers.ElementAt(i);

// Grab Field Values
        string fullname = "";
        string position = "";
        string image = "";
        string linkedin = "";
    }
}
What code do I need to use to get the field values? I understand there is an option to render them out using BuildShapes, but it's not clear on how to override the individual Shape view i.e. when using @Display(shape) and to manually render out the field values.
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Assuming that your ProfilePart has a field named "FullName" this would be like this:
foreach(dynamic contentItem in Model.ContentItems) {
    string fullName = contentItem.ProfilePart.FullName.Value;
}
Jul 19, 2013 at 1:40 AM
That's the problem. I cannot grab the ProfilePart field values when I set it up through a Projection Widget. The list returns as zero. The same when I try to grab any custom fields for other content types.
Jul 19, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Looks like I was a bit blind in finding the value. Manage to find the custom field values under 'ContentItem.[ContentType]'.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I've only just started using Orchard. I'm really liking it. The only downside is it's been a very slow learning experience.