Create Twitter Bootstrap columns in Content section

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Nederlands (Dutch), Writing themes
Jul 12, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to know how to solve the following 'challenge':

I have created a Theme based on Twitter Bootstrap. I want the Content Editors to be able to create Pages with some variations like:

span12
span4-span4-span4
span8-span4
...etc.

I actually don't want to end up placing those <div /> tags inside the TinyMCE Editor.
I'm a bit lost in how to add this flexibility in Orchard.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Daniel
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM
The question is more about what content should be placed in these layouts.

What about a different approach where editors would choose a content type, and for each different content type you automatically get a different layout ?
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Other solution, if they really need to enter the same content but you want to let them choose from different layouts, you can switch the layout based on an enumeration.
Then in the view you can relay the chosen layout by switching to another shape, based on the value of the field.
Jul 12, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Hi Sebastian,

The content would just be Rich Text, maybe images.
So yes your approach seems a good option.

Can this be done through the UI, or should I create a custom Content Type myself?
Kind of a newbie, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel
Developer
Jul 12, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Content Types can be created via the admin (enable the Content Types feature if you don't see the Content Types tab under the Content menu item).

If the content structure is the same and it's purely a layout concern, I'd go with Sébastien's second option though.
Jul 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Ok, thanks.
I would like some guidance if you don't mind, since I'm not seeing how you can achieve this with the Page type, since there is only one 'Content' or 'Body' section?

@Sipke: if it's possible, can we have a quick chat somewhere next week otherwise? Just to help me started? (I'm based in the Netherlands)
Developer
Jul 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Yes, ping me via Skype.