I want to modify design of my existing project dynamic views in Orchard CMS?

Topics: Administration, Writing modules
Jul 10, 2013 at 6:58 AM
I have an existing MVC4 Project using the NHibernate framework. I want to integrate my application with OrchardCMS.

Is it possible to have our dynamic views (pages) to edit/View design in orchard CMS?
I want to bring entire project into the OrchardCMS and i need to make changes on design on my existing view.

Note:
I dont want any new views create from OrchardCMS.

Please suggest me..
Developer
Jul 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Should be completely possible, but I would recommend you build a simple module from scratch first to see how things work in Orchard. Once you're familiar, you will understand how you can integrate your application.
Jul 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Edited Jul 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Thanks for reply,
  1. To integrate our project is that the only way to Use Module or any other way. Please explain briefly.
  2. Did you have any sample MVC 4 application with sql server database with NHIbernate used orchardCMS to make design changes. Please send the link.
Developer
Jul 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM
  1. It's the most logical and the best way. A module is somewhat like a portable MVC Area.
  2. I don't know of any samples, sorry.
Jul 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Edited Jul 10, 2013 at 11:08 AM
ok.

I have added the sample project in Orchard application. While enable the Application in Modules/Features. I am getting error like this "An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in mscorlib.dll" in Orchard.Framework Class library , FeatureManager.cs.

Please suggest me..

If you wish i can send sample project with db script and images.
Developer
Jul 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Your best bet is to attach the debugger and inspect the stack to see what is causing the SO.
Jul 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM
My Application was not developed in NHibernate. Is that there is any possible to integrate my project with OrchardCMS?
But which was developed in MVC4 framework
Developer
Jul 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Sure, whether you're using NHibernate or EF or something else, it's possible. If you're using 1.6.1, make sure to suppress the ambient transaction before connecting to your own database. You could also consider rewriting your database access to use Orchard's IRepository interface. There are many ways to go about integrating an MVC app into Orchard.
Developer
Jul 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM
cselvendran wrote:
My Application was not developed in NHibernate. Is that there is any possible to integrate my project with OrchardCMS?
But which was developed in MVC4 framework
I'll help you putting in a link to the new thread you started: https://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/449565