Integrating Linq to Twitter into Orchard

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Jul 5, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I want to integrate L2T into Orchard such that when making a new post I have a checkbox that i check, I click Publish and with the checkbox the post is also sent to Twitter. I do that so have the code for my current application - just do not how to approach this in Orchard. Where in the Orchard pipeline would I do this? I assume some sort of module?
Developer
Jul 5, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I think a similar module has already been made : https://orchardtwitterrules.codeplex.com/
It allows to add a rule on a event (content published) and use tokens to retrieve dynamic data (title, url, ...)
Jul 10, 2013 at 4:10 AM
That project is quite old. It's probably a good start for you to start. You would have to build a new Orchard Module and then you could had that module to the current edit page of specific Object (post, forum, etc). As the project last update was in 2011, it might not be compatible with Orchard 1.6.1 and 1.7 future release.
Developer
Jul 10, 2013 at 1:33 PM
It sounds like a cool idea. So we would need it to hook in to Workflow as well, I wonder if we could make it extensible to be more like a Social provider.

L2T means you will need to have a twitter account already linked to your profile, I have just noticed that this module relies on my module to do that, which will be a problem as my module has moved on quite significantly since then.

I will ping the guy to ask for rights to the repo.

Nick