Codegen module installed, missing menu item in backend

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting, Writing themes
Jul 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Edited Jul 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Hi there,

I just installed Orchard (v1.6.1.0) for the very first time, everything works great so far. Except for one issue: I tried following the docs in order to modify an existing theme. In order to do so it looks as if I have to install the codegen module first, which I did. I also made sure that it is listed as enabled in the Module section in the backend.

Next, the docs say:

"To enable code generation, click Features under Configuration, find the Code Generation feature, and click Enable."

That's the problem - I don't have the section Configuration in my backend menu. I have Users, Reports, Settings and all the other sections above, but no Configuration.

Is there something I've missed? I already tried logging off and in again, but I guess it must be something else. Thanks for your help in advance!

Cheers,
Rob
Coordinator
Jul 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Those docs look like they need an update. Just find "Modules" in your admin menu.
Jul 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Thanks for your reply. I think I wasn't specific enough in the first post: I installed the codegen module, it is enabled and listed under Modules. But I couldn't find the command line itself, because I thought that would be some PHP-shell-like feature that I can access from the admin menu ;-) I now found out that it actually is an ordinary binary that I can execute.
Developer
Jul 5, 2013 at 6:22 AM
The idea of a shell command-line inside Dashboard is pretty interesting:)
Developer
Jul 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM
It is available in Orchard.Experimental : http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Orchard.Experimental
A CommandsController