Anyone used Orchard for freelance work?

Topics: General
Jul 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Just curious, has anyone used Orchard CMS for freelance work / small projects that have a "paying" client? I'm a junior developer and just now wrapping my head around the MVC pattern and want to look into Orchard as a means to get fast, customizable websites up for smaller clients willing to hire me for freelance work. But, is Orchard dependable? Do you find that users are able to maintain the site themselves (i.e. throught he dashboard and stuff)?
Jul 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Of course, yes.
Jul 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I work for clients fulltime on & with Orchard. Go for it. :)
Jul 7, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Same for me.
Jul 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Awesome thats good to hear. You know, CMS's like wordpress are just so popular, I wasn't sure if everyone would expect me to be using Wordpress/php for their sites. Do you guys find any trouble with getting a client to pay for a Windows hosted server?
Jul 7, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Only once did I have issues with that, which was more than 5 years ago. These days Windows Hosting isn't all that expensive anymore. The clients you're after are perfectly willing to pay for good quality hosting and applications.
Jul 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM
If a client is reluctant to pay for quality hosting, chances are they will be reluctant to pay for good contract work. That's not good. For me it's a smell and I'd refuse the contract.