Content Items - cannot change names. Everything says Page - Page

Topics: Administration
Jul 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Edited Jul 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Not sure why I can't rename the Content pages I have created. Editing the page in both ie and chrome don't have an option to change the name "Page" to anything else. This makes assigning content to other options extremely difficult.

Below is a Skydrive shared pic of what I am talking about. Don't know how to use the Image tool in the Orchard Discussions to properly show skydrive images. I think the links in Skydrive are not actual links but links to a program or function.

https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=CDAED8AB44053FCF&resid=CDAED8AB44053FCF%2113754&authkey=AMejuPTLNW2slaw
Developer
Jul 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM
The content listing displays two pieces of information: the DisplayText of a content item and the content type of a content item.
Can you verify that the TitlePart is still attached to the Page type? This part's handler is responsible for providing the title of a content item (unless you implemented something custom and replaced TitlePart with something else).
Jul 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
You are correct, I added title back, and the title appeared in the admin list of content. The problem then is, how do I hide the title on the page, but have the title in the admin view so I can see the titles to assign content to navigation?
Jul 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Use the Placement.info file, if you add the following in the file it should remove it from being rendered on the front end
<Place Page_Title="-" />
This will remove all instances though, so if you need it in some you may have to use Match conditions etc (though I suspect you don't as you were removing the part completely)