reset\reinstallling taxometry and blog modules

Topics: General
Jul 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Hi guys

This is my first try working with Orchard, and I deleted by mistake some content types from taxometry module that were related with the blog.

And now i can't even access the blog menu on dashboard, i get the error:
An unhandled exception has occurred and the request was terminated. Please refresh the page. If the error persists, go back
Specified cast is not valid.
System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid. at Orchard.ContentManagement.ContentCreateExtensions.New[T](IContentManager manager, String contentType) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\ContentExtensions.cs:line 19 at Orchard.Blogs.Controllers.BlogAdminController.Create() at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__10() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
Must I re-install Orchard to solve this? Or there's a way to re-install blog and taxometry module?

Thanks

PS: I was avoiding to loose my current data.
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I'm assuming you mean taxonomy. Try going to content type definitions and removing any taxonomy-related part from the blog post type.
Jul 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Nope, it doesn't work.. even disabling the taxonomy module.
Coordinator
Jul 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I'm afraid you'll have to restart from a previous backup then.