Import/Export module issue

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Jun 28, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Hi all!
I've been using this module in order to keep metadata consistent between people in development team and also to move data between different environments.
I've found some kind of issue about the order which the data section in export file is created. Seems that some items are created before those which compounds it. I mean, some part of an item (another content item) still doesn't exist when the first one it's being defined. So relation isn't made correctly.

My examples are these two:
  • Content Menu Items are listed in xml before the Menu Items, then the MenuPart in a content menu item will not be associated because the menu item still doesn't exist.
  • Projection Widget are listed in xml before the Query that its executing. Once again, the Query in the projection widget still doesn't exists so the relation will not be made.
In order to fix this i simply reorder the xml Export file, then when import is made the data is related correctly. Maybe someone could fix this issue inside the module. I think that it's very useful but this kind of issues could give people a big headache :)
Let me know if there is anything i can tell you to trace the issue.

Thanks! Bye
Developer
Jun 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM
I believe there's an issue reported about this. For the time being, manually reordering the elements is the best solution. :)