Orchard: Creating a user from the register screen NOT dashboard

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Jun 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Hey Guys…So im using Orchard CMS 1.6 and instead of creating a user/role from the dashboard, I would like the user to register from the home page.

This is done by leaving the ‘username’ and ‘password’ field blank on the home page and clicking ‘Sign In’. They are then navigated to a ‘Log On’ page which displays a ‘Register link’.

This allows the user to enter 4 fields to create an account. ‘Username, Email, Password, and confirm password’. I would like to add additional fields to this form but am having no luck.

I’ve tried to install the profile, Users personal Info, and extended Reg modules. These add additional fields to creating a user, when the user is created from the dashboard. (Users/ Add new user)…but not to the register screen.

Does anyone have any idea how to add fields to the register screen(accessed from the home page)? Thanks for any replies…
Developer
Jun 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Did you know that the Profile module lets you edit all the fields from a profile edit screen? Not on registration, but I though it's worth mentioning.
Jun 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply, yes I did know what but I am looking to edit the fields on the registration menu....which cant seem to be done?? Modules allow the user/role creation form to be edited. but not from the reg screen accessed from the home page
Developer
Jun 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM
You could basically do the same what the Profile module does and also take anything related to registration from the Users module and roll out your own module with your own controller handling registration. I don't think it can go much simpler than that unfortunately.
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I have thought about it, and the solution could be to use BuildEditor on a user for the registration page. Should be discussed and prototyped.