Tuesdays, 12pm PST Committee Meeting

Topics: Announcements
Jun 18, 2013 at 5:07 PM
The committee meeting is hosted by Sébastien and usually involves announcements, news, demos, discussions, and bug/feature triage. It's a great way to keep up with what's going on, and it's a very open forum that we try and make very productive.

Join via Lync. It works via Lync Client or via Browser w/Plug In. You can click the link up to (I think) 15 minutes before the meeting starts and make sure your audio/video settings are dialed in.

I encourage EVERYONE to share video. It makes the meeting more enjoyable to see people. No hiding, no avatars. :-)

Here's the link to the Lync: https://join.microsoft.com/meet/sebros/TWFQ3LYH

Benedek (Wolf) is great about recording the meetings. You can find them here: http://www.youtube.com/user/nightwolf226/videos

See you there!

Brett
Jun 18, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I'm not sure how this works, never used Lync before.

If I click on the link, a webpage opens and starts the Lync client that comes with Office 13. I'm asked for a username, but I don't know what I'm supposed to use. If I type in my email adres, Lync says there is nu Lync server for my domain...
Developer
Jun 18, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Steve, yes the Lync client opens up always, but if you go back to the webpage that opened up there is also an option to join using Lync Web App.
Unfortunately, the Lync 2010/2013 client that comes with Office 2013 has no option to join a meeting without logging to your existing Lync account first. The web app, on the other hand, has such (join as a guest).
Jun 19, 2013 at 6:37 AM
The problem is that the webpage closes as soon as the Lync client starts up...

An 'existing Lync account' means someone at my company needs to setup a Lync server?
Developer
Jun 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Right - IE closes the tab when Lync opens, but in Chrome it's still available. Just checked that.

Yes, in order to use Lync for other things than conferencing, you need to either set up your own Lync Server, or have a Lync Online (Office 365) Account.
But you don't need an account to join Orchard conference - you can log in as a guest.
Jun 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Another option is to uninstall Lync from your computer. The URL will then install the web version of 2013 Lync (it's what I use).
Developer
Jun 19, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Right. Forgot about the 'ultimate' solution:)
Jun 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM
See you all on Tuesday