How to maintain database for orchard site or module

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting, Writing modules, Writing themes
Jun 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I am new to Orchard i have to develop module with database like i simply want to add Person information to database like his name email address and retrive them from db by using my own database how i can do this
Jun 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Perhaps the easiest way is to use Custom Forms and define a new Person content type.
Alternatively, you could create a custom controller and work directly with an IRepository of Persons.
Jun 17, 2013 at 10:35 AM
If you can give me example with code because i have to manage database my self not using orchard build in database
Jun 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM
MubashirQureshi wrote:
If you can give me example with code because i have to manage database my self not using orchard build in database
Manage database myself?
Jun 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM
mean i had create my database on sqlserver not using existing cms database
Jun 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM
If you manage the database yourself, you would save/read/write/delete data the same way you would without Orchard. You probably have to use TransactionScope.Suppress to opt-out of the ambient transaction.
Developer
Jun 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Please only open discussions in appropriate topics (your discussion has nothing to do with e.g. Announcements of French).
Developer
Jun 28, 2013 at 6:50 PM
TheMonarch wrote:
If you manage the database yourself, you would save/read/write/delete data the same way you would without Orchard. You probably have to use TransactionScope.Suppress to opt-out of the ambient transaction.
Using TransactionScope.Suppress won't be needed since Orchard 1.7. Transaction scopes are no longer used.