Schema for Recipe XML?

Topics: General
Jun 11, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Does anyone know if there's a schema for for the recipe XML? It looks like I'm going to be hacking this directly and it would be nice to have some real-time validation in the editor.

On that note, am I chasing the cat up the wrong tree? It was suggested that I use a recipe so that I can cook the entire site, content types and data, and check it into source control. Given I had so many problems with import/export on the 1.7 branch, I'm being a bit cautious and exporting just my content types, updating the recipe and then regenerating again.

I've reverted back to 1.6.1, so perhaps things are better with that version. How do others work with recipe files to generate the entire site? My thinking is that I can isolate the development of the content-types and data, and then the designers can use that to develop their templets, JavaScript and CSS with. Is creating recipes by hand typical in a workflow like this?
Jun 13, 2013 at 3:36 AM
If anyone does create a schema, may I suggest something like RelaxNG. Much simpler syntax and easier to work with. Lack of a schema probably explains many of the stability issues in import/export; it might be a good place to start.
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2013 at 6:43 AM
There can't be a useful schema, because the whole thing is extremely extensible.