How can I make an admin settings menu's to call a part driver but not an AdminController? or doable?

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Jun 11, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I'v add an admin menu item under Settings, and this will call the Controllers/AdminController's Index method.
I want to change the call to Drivers/XXXPartDriver's Edit method, so what I should do?

Env: orchard 1.6
Jun 12, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Edited Jun 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I'm reading the code of Orchard.Search. And I found it using Drivers/SearchSettingsPartDriver.cs to support "Deshborad/Settings/Search" admin settings menu's call, That what I want to do.
But I didn't find where the admin settings menu was defined, Who can help me?
I found a ContentAdminMenu.cs, and this wasn't what I need. I also found a Routes.cs file, but it seem's nothing relevant to adding a admin settings menu(may be I didn't really understand), so I don't know where I should go.
Jun 12, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2013 at 1:56 PM
stonefeng wrote:
I'm reading the code of Orchard.Search. And I found it using Drivers/SearchSettingsPartDriver.cs to support "Deshborad/Settings/Search" admin settings menu's call, That what I want to do.
take a look at SearchSettingsPartHandler too that and it should give you a few more pointers to solving the problem. I havnt done this before though... just pass the hints along :-)

Or more directly this bit:
protected override void GetItemMetadata(GetContentItemMetadataContext context) {
        if (context.ContentItem.ContentType != "Site")
                return;
            base.GetItemMetadata(context);
            context.Metadata.EditorGroupInfo.Add(new GroupInfo(T("Search")));
        }
I presume you have something similar to this bit already:
Filters.Add(new ActivatingFilter<SearchSettingsPart>("Site"));
Jun 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Thanks matt4446, I'll check it soon. :)
Jun 21, 2013 at 3:04 AM
I'm very glad to say thanks to matt4446 for my resolving this problem by checking your hints, it works well. :)