Anyone Looking at Import/Export in 1.x?

Topics: Core, Troubleshooting
Jun 10, 2013 at 5:52 AM
This is one area that still seems rough around the edges. I reported throwing out of bounds errors a few days ago, and now have another bug, again with data import. I created a simple content type and a page for it, exported, and confirmed that the type and data are in the exported XML.

Imported it, and the type is there, but the page absent. The 'Data' step of the import reported no issues (silent failure).

Anybody know what's going on with import/export?
Jun 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM
As a follow-up, there is a solution to this, described in a 'blog on Importing CMS-built types into Orchard.

So, while I wouldn't call it a bug, a silent failure followed by 2 hours of searching/debugging would indicate that a bit of polish around usability, documentation and examples is in order.

Hope this helps someone else with the problem. Not sure if this is related to the uncaught exceptions of the other issue.
Jun 10, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Disabling the option if it doesn't meet criteria might be nice. But IdentityPart does need more highlighting here. Luckily part descriptions are coming so its easier to see what parts are for (so it may click that it is needed when you come to this phase) but yes it doesn't highlight that you might be missing it from your data so some / all the data cant be exported. You could ask for the feature.