Using orchard for multiple website applications

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Jun 1, 2013 at 7:23 AM
I have 3 different website which deals with its own business functionality. Is it a good idea to creat these as orchard modules and share the common orchard home page? What are the points I need to consider before hosting my websites under orchard modules? Will there be any performance issue when orchard loads these big web sites under module?
Developer
Jun 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM
That's a little vague. When you say "load these big websites under module", what does that mean?
Jun 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Sorry,
Ignore that statement. I have 5 different websites handling its different business requirements (eg, document management, payroll website etc). Can I use orchard and add these websites as modules so that i can get a single portal and have integrated home page. Is there any chance of performance or other issues?

Thanks,
Developer
Jun 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I see. Well, you certainly could rebuild these 5 websites as 5 Orchard modules, each implementing the various business requirements, but don't expect these websites to just work when you turn them into a module. I can't say anything about performance or other issues as I know nothing about your current websites, but at the very least expect a learning curve you'll go through (which is only normal I suppose).