Occasionally unresponsive when deploying as a cloud service

Topics: General, Installing Orchard
May 27, 2013 at 1:35 AM
I've been deploying orchard as a "cloud service" (Small instance) to a *.cloudapp.net endpoint, and I've noticed that occasionally the service is completely unresponsive for 5-10 minutes when I try to access the site. Is this a general issue with Azure cloud services? Or something more specific to orchard?

I've never had this type of issue with ASP applications running as cloud services previously, and sites/applications that I host using the Web Sites preview never have that problem either (before you ask, I'm not using the web site preview for orchard because I will need to modify orchard source for this application, but I haven't done that yet).

Any ideas?
Coordinator
May 28, 2013 at 2:07 AM
That looks like a known issue that is being looked at by the Azure folks. Not specifically an Orchard issue.
May 28, 2013 at 2:10 AM
So it's currently being looked into? That's a start I guess.

I did notice that I haven't seen the unresponsiveness since I changed the host operating system family from 2008 to 2008 R2, but it's only been running for less than 24 hours with those settings, so I haven't got a lot of data to say that it has improved.

Thanks.
Coordinator
May 28, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Yes.