Menu Widget displays all menu items when viewing blog post

Topics: Core, General, Troubleshooting
May 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I have a menu widget placed when a certain part of the website is accessed (In my case, a section called "Media Center" which is accessed at ~/media-center). This section also contains pages below it, such as "/media-center/videos".

I have the layer rule for this set up as "url("~/media-center*")" and works perfectly and as expected while viewing any pages that I have set up with permalinks to match.

However, I also am wanting a blog to work as a News section, which would be accessed at "~/media-center/news".

The menu widget displays fine when viewing the blog page, however when I go to visit a blog post, the menu widget displays all other (outside of my media center node) items.

Does anyone know why this happens and if there is a way to prevent it? Is it a bug? Thanks!

*Just to clarify: when accessing ~/media-center/news the menu widget displays correctly. However when I go to a blog post, such as ~/media-center/news/new-blog-post, all menu items from other nodes display.
Developer
May 23, 2013 at 9:38 PM
My guess would be that your menu item doesn't know that it should be active. There were some recent fixes regarding that in the source. Could you try out if this happens with the latest source as well?
May 23, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Yeah, I downloaded the latest source this morning and tried, still had the same results.

This seems to happen no matter what when a blog post is displayed and trying to bring up a submenu (menu found under a specific top-level node).

Thanks for the response.
Coordinator
May 26, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Didn't you also ask this question on StackOverflow?