Below is a Statement of Work that describes a project we are seeking help with. If you know anyone interested please have them contact me by phone or email ASAP. Thanks so much.
STATEMENT OF WORK
WEB PROGRAMMING SERVICES – SMITHSONIAN FOLKWAYS WEB SITE
Smithsonian Folkways Recordings (SFR) is looking to contract web programming services in support of its web site at
. SFR requires a skilled ASP.Net developer with experience in MVC, mobile development, and the Orchard content management system to provide programming support at an hourly rate to be
determined based on prior experience.
Contractor will be required to complete the following tasks:
• Contribute in-code additions to an existing custom module written for Orchard to manage 5-10 custom content types.
• Develop editor templates in the Orchard dashboard to manage and update 5-10 custom content types.
• Provide a reusable Orchard recipe for managing the regular update of the various content types via a scripted batch process.
• Program a tabbed search results page that returns results for different content types.
• Program search results so that they can be easily filtered and sorted.
• Program search input form to support auto-complete functionality.
• Program search to support natural language searching.
• The web site will be configured to load quickly through caching and server optimization. The Smithsonian has a high-performance network of servers available in support.
• A media management strategy utilizing Orchard will require definition.
ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA FOR WORK COMPLETED
Deliverables will be subject to the Smithsonian’s final written approval, as provided in the awarded contract. SFR shall have ownership of all source files, including fully documented source code used in the final product. The contractor shall perform the duties
in an efficient and professional manner.
Contractor must be flexible and able to work under deadline. Contractor works outside of the office. All performance of this work shall occur between the contract start date and September 30, 2013.
Webmaster, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage
Technology Director, Smithsonian Folkways
202-633-6461 - voice