Url Alternative loading BEFORE Core alternatives are added??

Topics: Core, General
May 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Hello,
I am trying to add url alternatives to a contentitem alternate (specifically the summary view).. I have noticed that UrlAlternatives is loaded BEFORE Orchard Core populates the default alternatives. 
The result is that for a content item I get Content_url_homepage and then all the other alternatives.. When I "should" get an [all the standard alternatives]_url_homepage.

As it stands I can't (for instance) apply a custom layout to a custom content type on the home page without that layout either effecting every other content item on the homepage OR effecting that content item everywhere it shows up on the website.

Is there a tweak to force the base alternatives to load first? ( you can find the base code in Core\Contents\Shape.cs)

Thanks
Jos
Coordinator
May 21, 2013 at 5:55 PM
It has been fixed yesterday in changeset dad2472b9f83
May 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Edited May 21, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Looks like that is in the 1.x codebase... 1.x seems to have removed flush from IContentManager.. and has other issues that block it from "just running" when I download the source... and open the solution. :-(
May 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM
After much tinkering with the 1.x code and the current 1.6.1 code, I found a resolution (by shear luck) My fix is bad and evil and in the core... I have posted an issue on it at https://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/19734 so that a better resolution can be determined.

Josh