Taxonomy Field on Custom Form and Email Rule

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting
May 6, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Edited May 6, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Hey everyone. Thanks in advance for reading about my issue; hopefully someone has a quick answer.

I have a content type (for a form) that contains various fields, one of them being a Taxonomy Field. I turned around and placed a Custom Form for that content type, and then made a rule for when that Custom Form is submitted, it sends an email. I have that portion working, and all of the fields that I entered are in the body of the email as requested, with the exception of the selection of the Taxonomy Field (it's just empty). I am using the following:

I have also tried adding ".Value" at the end of it. Is anyone currently using Taxonomies in this capacity? If so, can you provide some guidance on this issue? Again, thank you for your help.
May 6, 2013 at 5:25 PM
The taxonomy field has only one property: Terms. It's also implemented as a text token that will have the comma-separated list of values.
May 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Edited May 6, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Thanks for your fast response Bertrand.

So, if I am using a Taxonomy Field with a list of 3 possible choices: One, Two, Three. The field is titled "WorkLocation", as it is above; how do I go about transmitting the selection from the taxonomy field to an email?
May 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM
May 6, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Edited May 6, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Odd, I tried that and it still isn't working. Possible bug with Orchard or is it the Taxonomies module?
May 6, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Attach a debugger and break into the taxonomy token provider then.
May 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Edited May 7, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I posted this on the Taxonomies forum since I am not really certain how to go about debugging the application.
May 8, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I didn't realize that the Taxonomies module is merged into Orchard, according to Sebastien on a different thread. I'm not really a developer, if you could provide some information on how I can help in identifying this issue I'd be more than happy to help. Also, should I file a bug report?
May 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM