Hosting on Subfolder(Virtual directory) having folder name in the URL

Topics: Administration, Installing Orchard
May 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Recently I have installed Orchard in a Sub Folder under shared Hosting. I finished set up. When I try to visit my site, it showing folder name at last with the url.

Ex. I have a Site and pointed to a Virtual directory named "site1" under root folder of my shared hosting.
When i visit my site "www.example.com", it goes to the home page. But all the links are mapped as www.example.com/site1. My Blog post urls will be ww.example.com/site1/Welcome-Page.

How can I remove the "site1" from the URL?
Coordinator
May 6, 2013 at 7:12 PM
That's a question you should ask your hosting company, but it seems like you made a choice and are now regretting it.
May 7, 2013 at 8:10 AM
I think it is not related to the hosting provider. Orchard blog is taking the root folder URL as base url.

I got the link (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7670696/orchard-cms-configure-base-url) regarding the same.

Do I change any configuration in Orchard settings?
May 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I'd be curious to know if the URL for an item has 'site1' saved into the AutoRoute part (URL for the item). Maybe also, enable the Alias UI module and see if you get any different information there.
Developer
May 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM
You can change the base url in Settings, which will affect runtime generated urls. However, they won't affect urls in existing HTML content. For that, you could either use an HTML filter (provided as a feature by Vandelay.Industries) or update your content item's markup manually.