Azure Module Problem

Topics: Administration, Troubleshooting
May 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I am totally new to Orchard.

I created an Orchard web site in Azure using the Orchard CMS template in the Azure web site gallery.

I wanted to add a Tag Cloud widget to my site, so I searched the Orchard modules gallery and found the Vandelay Tag Cloud 1.2. http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Vandelay.TagCloud/1.2 But I didn't read carefully, and so I installed it before I noticed that it's been marked Obsolete.

So I thought I'd remove it, but to my surprise discovered Orchard UI provides no way to remove a module. I tried opening the site in WebMatrix 3.0, but that shows the Modules folder being empty. I read that you can remove modules with the Orchard.exe utility, but I have no idea how to do that with a site hosted in Azure.

So I disabled the Vandelay 1.2 module and installed the Vandelay Industries 1.4 module. http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Vandelay.Industries/1.4.1

But when I try to enable the 1.4 Tag Cloud I get this news:

Oops. Something went wrong ... sorry

An unhandled exception has occurred and the request was terminated. Please refresh the page. If the error persists, go back

Sequence contains more than one matching element

System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable1 source, Func2 predicate) at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.<EnableFeature>b__1e(String currentFeatureId, IDictionary2 featuresState) at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.GetAffectedFeatures(String featureId, IDictionary2 features, Func3 getAffectedDependencies) at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.EnableFeature(String featureId, IDictionary2 availableFeatures, Boolean force) at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.<>c__DisplayClass9.<EnableFeatures>b__4(String featureId) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator2.MoveNext() at System.Collections.Generic.List1..ctor(IEnumerable1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable1 source) at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.EnableFeatures(IEnumerable1 featureIds, Boolean force) at Orchard.Modules.Services.ModuleService.EnableFeatures(IEnumerable1 featureIds, Boolean force) at Orchard.Modules.Controllers.AdminController.Enable(String id, Nullable1 force) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__10() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func1 continuation)

So I now have (1) no tag cloud, and (2) two gallery modules that I don't know how to remove.

Can anyone suggest what I should do?
Developer
May 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Using FTP or Remote View in WebMatrix, you can delete the modules physically.
May 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I couldn't see how to do that before, but it's just a matter of right clicking on the Modules folder and hitting Refresh ...

Did I mention I'm new to WebMatrix too?

Thanks.