Apr 27, 2013 at 10:20 AM
NOT localizable !
Apr 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Edited Apr 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM
workaround :
alternate whole TaxonomyField.Autocomplete.cshtml

moreover. I have to alternate TaxonomyField.cshtml because :
instead of
<legend @if(settings.Required) { <text>class="required"</text> }>@Model.Name.CamelFriendly()</legend>
I need
<legend @if(settings.Required) { <text>class="required"</text> }>@Model.Settings.Taxonomy </legend>
is it bug ?
or autor did not care about non-latin alphabetical ?
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Can you explain exactly what the problem is here?
Apr 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Edited Apr 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I am localizing NGM Forum. It uses taxomomies for categories and tags threads. I need to localize them.
Since taxonomy terms are not localizable, I use different taxonomies tor different cultures and switch them in placement.info
(I know it is bad solution but it's working )
To create thread NGM module uses EditorTemplate at front-end.
It calls TaxonomyField.cshtml that uses Model.Name as title but it is technical name and does not allow not latin letters (e.g. cyrillic letters) , but Model.Settings.Taxonomy does.
So I have to alternate the whole template.
Why not to use Model.Settings.Taxonomy as title in TaxonomyField.cshtm and T() for hint in TaxonomyField.Autocomplete.cshtml ?

sorry if I offended you and for my bad English...

anyway Orchard is rock ! :)

-- negocifal.
May 7, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Edited May 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM
If somebody interested in it ...

I mentioned that I used different taxonomies for different cultures and switch them in placement.info .
If you don't want to write code it is good until you need mandatory terms. The workaround is very ugly...

I decided to do different way.
Thanks to great orchard's extendibility, I added two text fields to termPart ( Culture and TranslatedTitle ) and one (TranslatedTitle) to taxonomyPart.
Was need to alternate ...\Views\EditorTemplates\Fields\TaxonomyField.cshtml (look up terms in ViewModel and remove terms explicitly pointed with different culture in added Culture field).

Working just fine. Now I have localized taxonomies for different cultures
Jan 26, 2014 at 12:03 PM
That is actually a very good workaround :-) I guess I'll be using that exact same solution! thanks!
Mar 6, 2015 at 11:44 AM
Hi, negocifal, can you show changes in code you've made? How do you get current culture, how to switch taxonomy title (in widget) and how to filter terms by current culture?