how to set-up multi languages on Orchard to meet my acceptance criteria

Topics: Localization
Apr 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Edited Apr 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM
As business user i want to serve and be found by an international audience. Therefore I want to have the site in 4 different languages within specific SEO guidelines.

Acceptance criteria:
  • there need to be 4 languages: NL, DE, FR and EN
  • Every language variation of the page is "published" individual. Not all variations need to be "published" simultaneously
  • the languages sub-folder structure needs to be like this url structure or
  • If a user clicks on a specific NL page and clicks on the EN language switcher, the user goes to the EN variant of this page. If there is not an EN variant available the user goes to the EN homepage.
  • For each of the 4 variants of a single page the H1, meta keywords, page titles content etc is completely individual manged per languages.
Thanks in advance for your response on this :-)
Apr 18, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I think you should be able to accomplish this with the Localization and related modules (search the gallery for the keyword "localization").
For bullet 2, I'm not sure how the LocalizationPart handles this, but I suspect you will have to publish each translation manually, since each version is a content item in its own right.
For bullet 4, you may have to write custom code to handle that, unless there's a module on the gallery that handles this scenario.
For bullet 5, since each language version is a content item in its own right, you get this out of the box.