Orchard.Rules module error

Topics: Troubleshooting
Apr 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I posted this on the issue tracker, and I get the vibe that this might be a better place to discuss technical problems. Not really sure what issue tracker is supposed to be. But...

I am running Orchard1.6 and using WebMatrix to publish the to a shared hosting account at Arvixe.com. The site was exported from a different host using import/export module and I imported it locally, then published it to the new host.

One problem I am having is with the Orchard.Rules module. When the Rules module was installed, I think it wasn't done so properly because there was no "Rules" link in the admin menu. I tried to re-install the module. That brought an error. I then used command line to delete the module. Right now my local and remote copies are "identical" and when I try to download the module, this is the error that I get.

_Install package failed
Package installation failed: There was an error installing the requested package. This can happen if the server does not have write access to the '~/Modules' or '~/Themes' folder of the web site. If the site is running in shared hosted environement, adding write access to these folders sometimes needs to be done manually through the Hoster control panel. Once Themes and Modules have been installed, it is recommended to remove write access to these folders._

I found a way to change read/write on my hosting account for the folders, but that didn't help. Not sure if there is more that I can do within my Hoster control panel. This is a huge deal because it is for a live website and forms are really important.

Any help appreciated.
Thank you.
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2013 at 6:12 AM
You can deploy the module's folder by copying it, you don't have to install it through the gallery.