Integration point of a WCF service

Topics: Core
Apr 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Edited Apr 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I have a WCF service which will be deployed on multiple boxes for scalability which I want to integrate with a page Content type of Orchard. With my approach, I don't require a ContentPartRecod, ContentHandler nor DataMigrationImpl. I need only ContentPart, drivers and the views of it for rendering. The data access layer is one layer down to the WCF service.

My questions are:
  1. Don't I need a module to achieve what I want?
  2. Where do I integrate the WCF service? Is it in the drivers or the controllers?
  3. Is there an article that talk about how an Orchard module can depend on an interface and that interface will be resolved to an WCF service call during the runtime (through IoC container). For example, the Orchard will call an interface method ICustomer.AddAddress but the AddAddress implementation comes from a WCF service.
Apr 12, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  1. Yes, you need a module that will house your code.
  2. If you're implementing your functionality as part of a content part, you should implement it in the driver.
  3. I don't know if there's an article on that, but essentially you have to define your interface and implement your class as you normally would. Your implementation will communicate with the WCF service.