Submenu problem

Topics: General, Nederlands (Dutch), Troubleshooting, Writing themes
Mar 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM
I've set up an orchard site in 1.6 for the first time now ( www .spaenhiers.be )

I created a few custom content types.
One is e.g. "Activiteiten" (= Events/Activities)
If you navigate to "Activiteiten", you'll see a list which is generated by a projection.

Now the problem that I have is when I click on an item of in the projection, the submenu shows a list of all other submenu item. There should actually no submenus visible when clicking on one "Activiteit".

The same happens with "Nieuws" (= News) and with "Jaarboeken" (under the "Publicaties" section).

Why does this submenu show a large list of all other submenu items? How can I fix this?

For your information:
The main menu and the submenu are created by two menu widgets. The main menu shows only level 0 and submenu shows only level 1 items from the same navigation tree.

(I hope the question is somewhat clear, I don't know how to explain it correctly).

Thanks in advance
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I'm afraid I don't quite understand the question. Can you give more details about what that projection is, what you expect and how what you're seeing differs from that?
Mar 26, 2013 at 9:02 PM
When going to the menu item "De vereniging" you will see a submenu appears ("Het bestuur", "Uitstral....", ...)

now when you go to the menu item: "Nieuws" you don't see a submenu. Which is ok.
When you click on a link in the content of the "Nieuws" page, you see the details of one "Nieuws" item, but you will also see that there is a huge submenu visible with ± 20 submenu items. This should normally not be visible. That is the problem, when clicking on details of e.g. a projection-item the submenu shows all other submenu-items.

This problem occurs always when I click on the link of an item in a projection to see more details of that item.

I hope that makes it more clear.
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Not really, sorry.
Mar 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I think I've seen this issue before. It happens when you have a MenuWidget configured to show menu items with start level > 0. It works when the current content item being displayed by the Contents module exists in the navigation structure, but when a content item is being displayed that does not exist in the navigation structure, ALL menu items are being rendered. There was a bug filed here: http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/19222 and has been resolved.

You could try the latest 1.x locally and see if this fixes your issue. If it does, you could upgrade right now (beware that 1.x could be unstable), apply the fix manually (it's just one file as you'll see in the work item's associated changeset) or wait for the 1.7 release.
Apr 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM
thanks sfmskywalker!

I'll try to fix that single file. Thanks for linking me to that workitem!