Grids, Tables, Column, Rows ...

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Mar 25, 2013 at 6:04 AM
How'd these guys figure this out ??... Assume they formatted a projection and placed it in a table.

http://bit.ly/13pwND6

from the ShowOrchard site ... Please point me to documentation or a video to help me implement a grid.

Thanks,

Steve
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Please be more specific about what you are trying to do. A projection with a custom projection layout should do the trick, and you may also want to look at the 1.7 faceted search feature, but it's hard to say.
Mar 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Thanks B ...

simply trying to take query / projection results and display them as columns and rows, rather than the Attribute / value list format that seems to be the main way of displaying query results in all of the examples I have seen.

Does not need to be editable or anything fancy .... some columns would have urls in them ... so would need to implement anchor tags for all values in certain columns.

Will check out faceted search ... but can use some help with documentation / videos to help me start developing a basic custom projection for this solution

Thanks and best !

Steve
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2013 at 1:37 AM
You will probably need to write your own projection layout.
Developer
Mar 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Watch the html source :
They used their own module with knockout, kendo calling some views in ajax
Mar 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Alternatively, using the Contrib.ProjectionLayouts module makes it dead simple to completely customize the rendering of a projection. Including tables.