Hosting an Orchard site in a remote host subfolder

Topics: Administration, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Mar 21, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Hello,

I have an issue deploying my Orchard based web site on my host's server.
I would like to have actually 2 Orchard web sites running on this server so I have created two subdirectories that are setup as :
When I then go to mysite.com, I can see Orchard running but with missing page content ( Error is : Not found : The page you are looking for does not exist. )

When I go to mysite.com/Admin, I noticed the following, I do have read/write access to db and directories. BUT I cannot change theme, I cannot add/remove Content, it ends up as something like that :
The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. 

Requested URL: /site1/Admin/Contents/Remove/173/
Same thing for activating a theme :
Server Error in '/site1' Application.
[...]
Requested URL: /site1/Admin/Themes/Activate/
I have also tried to changed the settings>general>baseUrl to http://www.mysite.com and http://www.mysite.com/site1 without success.

I reckon the issue is related to the sub-directory, but I don't know how to fix it :(
Any ideas please ?
Mar 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Also when I go to Widget configuration I get the following message :
Oops. Something went wrong ... sorry

An unhandled exception has occurred and the request was terminated. Please refresh the page. If the error persists, go back
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Orchard.Widgets.Controllers.AdminController.Index(Nullable`1 layerId) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__10() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
Mar 21, 2013 at 5:24 PM
A database backup restore helped to fix the later problem, so please discard my last post.

But still no luck with the original post.
Mar 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I have tried the rewrite module with the following rule hoping it would help the resources to be found :
RewriteRule   ^(.*)/site1/(.*)$   $1/$2
But it is still not working of course. What else can I try ?

Support please ?
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Answer on Stack Overflow. Please avoid cross-posting, it's more work for us and we look at both.
Mar 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM
My apologize Bertrand. I'm desperate for an answer. Thank you for your answer though.