Problems with listing multiple blogs via query

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Mar 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to create a list of multiple blogs for use as a navigation widget (total of 3 at the moment) and can't seem to get it to work:

I have created a content type called "Blog List" with the following parts:
  • Common
  • Blog
  • Containable
  • Menu
  • Blog List (Content Part)
  • Widget
I then created a query to try and output this list into a widget by utilizing the new content type. I know projections are used for lists but i couldn't see how i could get it to work this way either.

Any help with this would be brilliant.

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section wasn't 100% sure if this was a customizing issue.
Developer
Mar 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Retry and do the following:
  1. Create a Query that yields all Blog items.
  2. Create a new menu of type Query Link and select your query.
See what happens :)
Mar 20, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Thanks that does the trick, seems a bit of a stupid question now after you explained it.

Do you know how i would style this within the Orchard UI to work with my jquery UI theme? I saw something in the query layout which allows you to do this but i think the navigation section overrides it with its own classes.
Mar 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Hi tayvius,

The easiest thing I have found to get the navigation set up as you want is to override the views you need to get the html as you want it. The Bootstrap module (found on the gallery) has a good example of this and you will find the views that are overridden tend to be something like this:
  • MenuItem.cshtml
  • MenuItemLink-ContentMenuItem.cshtml
  • MenuItemLink.cshtml
  • MenuItemLinkdd.cshtml (this one is customized for dropdown)
Once you override these views you should be able to get the html the way you want it to work with jQuery UI theme (though I can only confirm it works with bootstrap.

Here is the link: http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Themes/Orchard.Theme.Bootstrap to the theme. Hope this helps.
Mar 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Hi,

I thought it would be a case of overriding the default shapes, just didn't know what they were called.

Thanks for all your help :).

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:51:25 -0700
Subject: Re: Problems with listing multiple blogs via query [orchard:437215]

Hi tayvius,

The easiest thing I have found to get the navigation set up as you want is to override the views you need to get the html as you want it. The Bootstrap module (found on the gallery) has a good example of this and you will find the views that are overridden tend to be something like this:
  • MenuItem.cshtml
  • MenuItemLink-ContentMenuItem.cshtml
  • MenuItemLink.cshtml
  • MenuItemLinkdd.cshtml (this one is customized for dropdown)
Once you override these views you should be able to get the html the way you want it to work with jQuery UI theme (though I can only confirm it works with bootstrap.

Here is the link: http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Themes/Orchard.Theme.Bootstrap to the theme. Hope this helps.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com