Widget not showing up on admin page

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Mar 18, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I need to build several custom widgets, so I have created a widget which I copied to adjust it to my needs.
But the copied version, which I have adjusted in name(space) and module.txt, doesn't show up on the admin widget page.
To try it I copied the 'WheaterDotCom widget" but that one also doesn't show up.
http://jasongaylord.com/blog/weatherdotcom-widget-for-orchard

What is the trigger to display a widget on the "Choose A Widget" page and what could be wrong here?
Developer
Mar 19, 2013 at 12:21 AM
A widget needs to have the WidgetPart attached and it needs to have a Stereotype of "Widget".
If you met those requirements, then perhaps there's an error occurring. If that's the case, you should be able to find it in the log files.
Mar 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Thanks for your quick response!
Being a BizTalk developer I still have a hard time understanding the concepts of Orchard, also because I don't work with it on a day-to-day basis.
I totally forgot about the log files, because in my experience if something doesn't seem to work it is not always in the logs.
In the logs I found all kinds of errors, probably related to my copy/paste actions.
I cleared everything in the modules folder that shouldn't be there and retried the weatherdotcom widget.
After enabling it, it showed up on the Widget page.
From here I can move on again, but be prepared for more stupid questions. ;-)
Developer
Mar 19, 2013 at 10:01 PM
No such thing (although Sébastien probably disagrees with me :).
Glad you were able to resolve it!