Run Orchard in shared hosting subdomain

Topics: Installing Orchard
Mar 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Edited Mar 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Can someone advice how setup to run Orchard in a shared hosting subdomain with MS SQL Server CE?

Example: "subname.domainname.me".
Mar 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Hi Dear,

As you have a sub-domain created for your domain at your Hosting , you must be having a wwwroot folder for your sub-domain. You just need to upload the Orchard.Web files to that folder and then follow the same installation process. Since you want to install it using SQL Server CE you just need to select "Use Built-in Data Storage".

http://www.abhishekluv.in/2011/10/how-to-install-orchard-cms-using-iis.html

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Edited Mar 15, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Hi abhishekluv and thank's for fast reply,

I have always succeed installing in the root of the domain. But now starting in subdomain I get the error page "Server Error in '/' Application" Runtime error. Same thing occurs in two different hosting providers !?
Mar 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM
peal wrote:
Hi abhishekluv and thank's for fast reply,

I have always succeed installing in the root of the domain. But now starting in subdomain I get the error page "Server Error in '/' Application" Runtime error. Same thing occurs in two different hosting providers !?
Which Hosting Provider are you using?

I think the error is due to IIS. Your root domain is running within an App Pool , You might need one more App Pool for your Sub-Domain to run Orchard CMS on a sub-domain or else you can ask your Hosting Provider to configure the same App Pool for both your root and the sub-domain too.

But its better to have two separate App Pools for both of your Orchard Instances.