Multiple Orchard Installations on single Azure storage account

Topics: Installing Orchard
Mar 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Hi folks.

I have a question regarding Azure Web role deployment (not website deployment)

We have 2 instances of Orchard, one for Dev and one for QA. Both are to be deployed to the same subscription, and I have been asked to use one storage account for both.

When I deployed the second instance, I did not get the classic initialization page, rather it looked straight at the database for the other instance. I presume that this is because the code for finding the orchard settings file does not look for a settings file for the specific role. It instead looks for the container "sites" (I think this could be better named). Both instances of Orchard would resolve to the same container name. I think I have tracked this down to the following code
namespace Orchard.Azure.Environment.Configuration {

public class AzureShellSettingsManager : IShellSettingsManager {
        public const string ContainerName = "sites"; // container names must be lower cased
        public const string SettingsFilename = "Settings.txt";
        public const char Separator = ':';
        public const string EmptyValue = "null";
I believe that this should not use a const for ContainerName, rather it should use something that could be configured in service settings?

Does anyone have a workaround for this issue, or do I need to use a second storage account just for this second instance (you have limited Azure storage accounts in a single subscription).

cheers,

Paul
Mar 14, 2013 at 5:01 PM
In fact, thinking about it, should the container name not be something more like this?
"orchard_" + cloudservicename + "_sites
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Please file a bug.
Mar 14, 2013 at 6:20 PM
will do!