Orchard Custom Forms Module not working

Topics: General
Mar 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Hi there,

First of all just wanted to say I love orchard and think a great cms so good work guys.

I am having a slight issue and normally I can find a solution by googling the problem but not with this one. Basically after pushing the site live I am getting an error when I click on the Forms tab in the dashboard. 'The Page Cannot be found'... Debug mode is on and custom errors are off and I there is nothing being reported in the logs.

What makes it weirder is that the forms module works perfectly on my local machine and also on the servers I use for testing which leads me to believe its a server error of some kind but I don't know what. Unfortunately, they want the site on their own server which is third party so its limited.

Does anyone have a clue whats going wrong here?

Thanks in advance
James
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Edited Mar 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I'd guess botched deployment. When a module disappears like that it's usually that it doesn't compile, and Orchard just ignores it. You should have something in app_data\logs, but I'd just check the deployment with something like BeyondCompare, WebMatrix, or Filezilla.
Mar 15, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Ok thanks for the advice, I shall try re-deploying the site and get back to you.