directory listing appears when i try to start my orchard web site

Topics: Troubleshooting
Mar 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Hello! I was implementing the excellent tutorial from and i really enjoyed it.As I was in part 7 and messing with knockout addition when i pressed Ctrl+F5 to VS to start without debbuging i could not see the starting screen.My site stopped to work and i see the directory listing screen.
I ve searched to the log files and found this error :
2013-03-13 14:00:16,383 [26] Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost - A tenant could not be started: Default
System.ArgumentException: The route URL separator character '/' cannot appear consecutively. It must be separated by either a parameter or a literal value.
Parameter name: routeUrl
   at System.Web.Routing.RouteParser.Parse(String routeUrl)
   at System.Web.Routing.Route..ctor(String url, RouteValueDictionary defaults, RouteValueDictionary constraints, RouteValueDictionary dataTokens, IRouteHandler routeHandler)
   at Orchard.Mvc.Routes.StandardExtensionRouteProvider.<GetRoutes>d__a.MoveNext() in c:\Users\GeorgeB\Desktop\Orchard.Source.1.7\src\Orchard\Mvc\Routes\StandardExtensionRouteProvider.cs:line 30
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__14`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.AddRange(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardShell.Activate() in c:\Users\MyName\Desktop\Orchard.Source.1.7\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardShell.cs:line 45
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.ActivateShell(ShellContext context) in c:\Users\MyName\Desktop\Orchard.Source.1.7\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:line 156
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.CreateAndActivateShells() in c:\Users\MyName\Desktop\Orchard.Source.1.7\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:line 135
Any ideas of what is the problem?
Mar 14, 2013 at 4:17 AM
That means that the whole application fails to start. The stack trace tells you all you need to know: the default tenant failed to start because a route that you created has two consecutive '/' characters. Fix that.