upgrade issues with advanced menu

Topics: General
Mar 8, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Hi,

I have orchard 1.4 installed and am using the advanced menu module with that, which is great as far as that goes; but it's not 1.6 compatible and I fear I've boxed myself in upgrade-wise, since there's currently no active 1.6 compatible replacement. I suppose I'm just looking for verification of this assumption before having to pretty much "start over" in doing a 1.6 upgrade, since over a 100 pages would have to be re-added to the "out of the box" orchard navigation in there.

Thanks in advance for any input on this!
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM
You might want to take a look at http://onestopnavigation.codeplex.com/
Mar 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Yeah, I tried that. But it's got some outstanding issues with 1.6 compatibility, and "nobody's home" over there, despite several posts by myself and others. So I'm thinking it's abandoned, or effectively so. In any case, if One Stop's not a viable solution, would you agree that I indeed need to do a "do over" on the navigation to upgrade my current site to 1.6?

Thanks in advance!
Coordinator
Mar 9, 2013 at 1:55 AM
It's not at all abandoned. It's actively used by Onestop on their own sites. I'll give them a shout.

I don't understand what you mean by "do a "do over" on the navigation".
Mar 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Thanks for that. What I mean by do-over is that I assume I'll have to recreate my current 1.4 site's navigation menu using the Orchard 1.6's "out of box" feature, assuming there's no compatible analog of the advanced menu module. Just wanted to verify this is the case before re-adding 112 page links.

Thanks!
Mar 18, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I successfully upgraded from 1.4.2 to 1.6 and I'm going to go with the assumption that I do need to re-add all my pages as navigation links, as per above. Oh well, guess it'll keep me outta trouble for a day or two. :/

Cheers!