403 error when using url rewrite

Topics: General
Mar 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I want to display my site under my domain sample.com, but keep files in folder sample.com/orchard. So I made a rewrite rule and I get 403 error, forbidden: access denied. I found out that asp.net 4.0 is responsible for this. I tried to do this with another folder with asp.net 3.5 and it worked, but when I switched to 4.0, I also got 403. But the problem is that orchard requires 4.0. Any ideas how to fix this?
Mar 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I very much doubt this is caused by 4.0, you probably have another variable there.

Can you explain what you mean by "keep files in folder sample.com/orchard"?
Mar 8, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I meant that I have a virtual directory named for example "orchard" where I put the whole cms and it's visible under address sample.com/orchard.
Mar 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM
That configuration definitely works. Your IIS application is probably misconfigured. Things to check: the orchard directory is an application, it's in a .NET 4.0 app pool with integrated pipeline, full trust, and the user the application runs under has write access to app_data at least.
Mar 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Ok, problem solved. I had .net 4.0 in my virtual directory, but I didn't set on domain and that was the reason.