Triing to add modulus on the remote server

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, General, Jobs, Nederlands (Dutch), Writing modules
Mar 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM
HI everybody,

I try to install modules on my remote site:

I changed the path from: settings - general - Base Url to: but if I install a module it says still that it is installed on my localuser: Successfully added 'Orchard.Module.Lucene 1.6' to \\localuser\antiekbro\

How to change it then to remote server?

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Does the module appear or not in the modules list?
Mar 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I see by installed modules by the remote site:, for example: Lucene - Version: 1.6

The Lucene module enables the site to be indexed using Lucene.NET. The index generated by this module can then be used by the search module to provide an integrated full-text search experience to a web site.

But is seems still strange for me that when I install a module that it refers to Localuser. But so it seems that the modules being installed on the remote server, but that the message says that it is installed to localuser. So it seems a bug in orchard - that it will be correct installed, but the message is wrong.

Is this correct?

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:24 AM
It looks more like a weird configuration of IIS on your end. I'm not sure I understand how this is a problem in the first place.
Mar 4, 2013 at 8:03 AM
@savantKing, I think you're working with two deployments. One locally and one remotely (your hosting environment). If you install a module locally, you can't expect that module to work remotely. But I'm not sure if that's what you're expecting.

If you logon to your remote server (using FTP or whatever), then you're using an account from the server. That account is local to the server. I think that is why you see a physical file path with the name 'localuser' in it. It all depends on how your hosting environment is configured.
So, don't worry about it, it's just a folder name on the server.
Mar 4, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Ok. THX for your replay. Then it is solved :)