Active Directory Authorization + Content Item Permissions Issue

Topics: Administration
Feb 25, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I'm trying to implement an Intranet based system for my work using Orchard, so far it seems to be pretty good. I'm using the Active Directory Authentication Module to manage groups of users and their permissions to the system (Note: version i am using is not the one available via the gallery, requested an updated version from the developer).

However when i try to test this out with the Content Item Permissions module to allow only IT to view a particular page i keep getting the below error:
2013-02-25 15:32:02,622 [16] Orchard.Exceptions.DefaultExceptionPolicy - An unexpected exception was caught
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Orchard.ContentManagement.ContentExtensions.Has[T](IContent content) in c:\Users\lpl.sbrogan\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\ARBOrchardSource\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\ContentExtensions.cs:line 212
   at Orchard.ContentPermissions.Security.AuthorizationEventHandler.Complete(CheckAccessContext context)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Orchard.Events.DefaultOrchardEventBus.TryInvokeMethod(IEventHandler eventHandler, Type interfaceType, String methodName, IDictionary`2 arguments, IEnumerable& returnValue) in c:\Users\lpl.sbrogan\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\ARBOrchardSource\src\Orchard\Events\DefaultOrchardEventBus.cs:line 84
   at Orchard.Events.DefaultOrchardEventBus.TryInvoke(IEventHandler eventHandler, String interfaceName, String methodName, IDi
I presume this is down to the way AD security works, any suggestions?
Feb 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Copied from Github for completeness:

We'll (the team behind the AD module) have a look and let you know, whilst we're abstracting a pretty major piece of functionality we ideally want to stay as interoperable as possible. Bear with us :)
Feb 26, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Thank you for your help with this :).

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 25 Feb 2013 16:58:38 GMT
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Active Directory Authorization + Content Item Permissions Issue [orchard:434422]

Copied from Github for completeness:

We'll (the team behind the AD module) have a look and let you know, whilst we're abstracting a pretty major piece of functionality we ideally want to stay as interoperable as possible. Bear with us :)