Automating setup for local dev on build

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Feb 21, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Working on some customizations (module) for Azure and using the full source (specifically for an Azure deployment). Everything runs fine when I hit F5 to start debugging, but you need to go through the setup each time you start it up. that's fine, but it would be nice to automate this so I don't need to go through it each time. Seems like what's missing is adding a few things to the local storage emulator on build would do it...

How are others addressing the build customization process? Do you just deal with it and build a new deployment on each build, or are folks automating this in some way?
Coordinator
Feb 22, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Errr what? I never had to go through setup again. Seems like you're not using Azure Web Sites however. You might want to give that a try as it's a lot more flexible than the old Azure instances, and has no downside.
Feb 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM
No, I'm not using Azure Websites as I've seen subpar perf from them vs. Web roles.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: 2/22/2013 1:41 AM
To: Andrew Connell
Subject: Re: Automating setup for local dev on build [orchard:433968]

Errr what? I never had to go through setup again. Seems like you're not using Azure Web Sites however. You might want to give that a try as it's a lot more flexible than the old Azure instances, and has no downside.
Feb 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Yeah, I only have to go through setup once. I think you missed a step somewhere, when setting up your Azure sln.
Mar 7, 2013 at 7:12 PM
BertrandLeRoy wrote:
All the docs I've seen show using Azure with WebRoles and not with Websites. Is there anything that talks about the gochas with using Azure Websites (like how with Web Roles you have to upload a new codebase when you use new modules and such)?
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Well, I don't know. It changes fast. One actual downside is that you can't really use SSL there.