[1.6] How is the new hierarchical menu intended to be localized?

Topics: Localization, Troubleshooting
Feb 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM
hi,

I have created a menu in navigation which have 1st, 2nd and 3rd level menu items.

How do I add the translation for each menu item?

Version: Orchard 1.6
Coordinator
Feb 22, 2013 at 5:23 AM
You can either add the localiable part to menu item, if the menu is going to be the same in all cultures, or you can create different menus for different cultures, and use a culture layer to show or hide them.
Feb 22, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I have added the Localization Part to 'Content Menu Item' and then within navigation I have added the translated version for each menu item. FYI, I have a custom link in menu called blog. Now, when I go to front-end and use culture picker to change from one language to another, in English the menu is displayed properly, but in the translated language only blog menu item is shown which is a custom link. Am I missing something here?
Coordinator
Feb 22, 2013 at 8:13 AM
If you use content menu items, I don't think you could make the localized versions point to the localized items, so yes, you may have to use custom menu items.
Feb 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Thanks for your reply, in the future versions of Orchard it will be great if content menu items could be localized as well :)
Coordinator
Feb 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM
The problem being that different localized versions are different content items, so the content menu item would need to point to a different content item. Not undoable of course, but not simple.